The first thing I want you to know about me is that I’m really bad at telling people who I am.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, I’ll give it a shot!
Hello, reader! I’m Ellen.
- My background is in Musical Theater. Before getting married/having kids I performed professionally throughout the U.S.
- Singing is what makes me the happiest ever!*
- I met my husband during my senior year of high school. We’ve been married since 2011. He’s my favorite.
- We have 3 wonderful and amazing daughters.
- I’m a thyroid cancer survivor.
- I’m a goofball/weirdo. Ni!
- I love reading! Fiction is my favorite (thrillers, sci-fi, romance, British), but I am an admitted self-help junkie. I also need to watch at least one period drama series or movie every few months or so.
- I haven’t quite figured it out yet, but I think I consider myself a secular humanist. Or a witch. Wink.
- My ancestry is Irish, British, Scottish, Welsh, and Italian.
- I’m a Leo. I recently found out that my rising and moon sign is Capricorn, which explains a lot.
- I probably need to shower right now.
Oh, there’s one other thing, and it’s important. I’m not trying to sell you anything.
At the heart of it all, I’m a performer and a mom. Blogging and social media allow me to do two important things: One, it gives me a platform to perform and share my art. Two, it provides opportunities to make meaningful connections with moms, theater folx, and other cool people. I am a social creature and motherhood can sometimes be a lonely business.
So there you have it, friends. I’m glad you’re here!